Fundoo Friday Privacy guidlines
Respecting your privacy is critically important to achieving our mission of motivating every employee. These are our guiding privacy principles:
- We do not ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We do not keep your personal information longer than is necessary to provide our services to you.
- We do not share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, provide our services, or protect our rights.
- We do not rent, sell, or exchange your personal information.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what is visible to the public, seen by search engines, kept private, and permanently deleted.
1. How Fundoo Friday Collects Personal Information?The information that Fundoo Friday collects depends on the nature of the services you request. All interactions with the Fundoo Friday website or app produce metadata that may identify you or could be identifiable information when paired with other information about you. In every case, Fundoo Friday strives to collect only the minimum necessary information from you as is necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of the visitor's interaction with Fundoo Friday or that is required by law. Visitors to the Fundoo Friday website or app may always refuse to supply personally identifying information, however, doing so may prevent you from engaging in certain website-related activities.
2. Information you provide to Fundoo FridayAccounts are not a prerequisite to using Fundoo Friday, but are required to access some features and to save progress over time. If you create an account, Fundoo Friday saves the account information you provide. This information may include: an email address, first name, last name, profile photo, or organization name. You may choose not to provide specific information or to delete or modify it at any time. These actions may prevent you from engaging with specific services or features that require this information. Additional information may be provided to Fundoo Friday if you communicate with our support team, participate in user research, marketing campaigns or sweepstakes, or otherwise use the services. If you engage in a financial transaction with Fundoo Friday, you may be asked to provide additional information such as a credit card number, billing address or full name. As you use the service, you may also create content including quizzes and certain forms of responses. This information is not typically personally identifying, but it may be deleted at any time either by the relevant account holder or by reaching out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Information collected automaticallyWe receive and store some types of information automatically as you use the service. These may include device information such as device model, operating system, and device identifiers such as IDFA and UDID. Fundoo Friday also collects log information as you use the service. These data may include information regarding how and when you use the service as well as your browser type, preferred language, time zone, referring site, and internet protocol (IP) address. We may use your IP address to generate a general approximation of your location to provide the service. Examples include providing the right version of Fundoo Friday based on your state or country. Fundoo Friday does not collect fine location data such as GPS or Bluetooth beacons.
4. Information from other sourcesDepending on how you use the service, Fundoo Friday may collect information from partners and integrated technologies. We may also receive your personal information from another user.
5. Sensitive InformationAs described above, we limit data collection to what we need to provide the requested services. Fundoo Friday does not knowingly collect data considered sensitive by GDPR such as those related to race or ethnicity, health and biometric information, or political affiliation.
7. How does Fundoo Friday use this information?Fundoo Friday limits its disclosure of both information that could on its own or in combination with other information be used to identify you. We only disclose personally identifying information to Fundoo Friday employees, contractors, and subcontractors that:
- must access that information to process it on Fundoo Friday's behalf or to provide services available at Fundoo Friday's website and mobile applications; and
- agree not to disclose that information to others.
Fundoo Friday does not rent, sell or exchange potentially personally identifying to any third party without your consent. Other than to Fundoo Friday’s employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations, as described above, Fundoo Friday discloses potentially personally identifying information only when required to do so by law such as to comply with a court order, or when Fundoo Friday believes in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect the property, or legal rights or safety of Fundoo Friday, third parties or the public at large.
The information we collect helps us to provide the service, maintain a consistent experience, and improve it or develop new services. Examples of how this information is used include:
Providing access to your account and saving progress over time. Personalizing your experience based on factors such as general location, preferred language, and areas of study. Analysing engagement with specific features over time.
We also use personal information to enforce our policies, comply with the law, and promote safety on the platform. These efforts protect the property, or legal rights or safety of Fundoo Friday, third parties or the public at large. Examples of these efforts include:
- Preventing security breaches and fraud.
- Protecting users from inappropriate content.
- Verifying the identity of a user
- Complying with privacy legislation.
8. Communicating with youIf you are a registered Fundoo Friday user, Fundoo Friday may occasionally send you communications via email (if provided) or push notification (for mobile app users) to tell you about new features, get your feedback, and to keep you up to date with what is going on with Fundoo Friday and our products. By registering to use our service you consent to the receipt of these communications, including text communications. You may choose to participate in sweepstakes and promotions which may have additional information regarding the use of Personal Information. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. We engage in these activities where we have a legitimate interest or with your consent. You may choose to stop receiving such communications by unsubscribing from emails and by disabling push notifications.
9. Advertising, Analytics and Marketing
10. How is my information shared?
As described in this policy, Fundoo Friday only shares your personal information when it is necessary to offer the service, comply with law, or with your permission.
To provide and improve Fundoo Friday, a limited number of third-party services require access to your personal information. For example, your account data are saved in a data centre so that you can log in from any device. Third party services are contractually prohibited from using your information except to provide the service. A list of third-party services that may process personal data on our behalf can be found here. If Fundoo Friday (or all its assets) are acquired by another company, personal information will be transferred to a new owner. In such a transfer, you will be notified, and the new owner may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy. Fundoo Friday may aggregate statistics about the behaviour of visitors to our website and app to improve our services. For instance, Fundoo Friday may monitor the most popular quizzes on the Fundoo Friday site. Fundoo Friday may display this information publicly or provide it to others. Managing your personal information
11. Data Subject Rights
You have the right to delete, access, update, correct errors in, and export for transfer any of your personal information. Fundoo Friday makes these data subject rights available to you regardless of which country or US state you reside in. Managing the subsequent use and disclosure of your personal information.
12. Data RetentionWe will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. In most cases, we delete user accounts if they have been inactive for more than twelve months. We may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
13. Data Security
Fundoo Friday follows accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Our security measures include the use of access-controlled data canters, encryption of all data in transit, and the encryption of user password data both in transit and at rest. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, however, is 100% secure.
In the event of a security breach, we will notify affected account holders within the amount of time required by law so that you can take steps to keep your data safe.
If you have any questions about Fundoo Friday security practices, you can contact us at email@example.com. Fundoo Friday reserves the right not to disclose our policies, procedures and the technologies and methods we employ to advance the security of your data to safeguard our practices.